[MPlayer-dev-eng] squelch some warnings (patches incl.)

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Feb 26 21:48:37 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 20:49 +0100, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > Also the allcodecs.c stuff is all inside macros. Those macros could be
> > written in a standard-compliant way that doesn't rely on the compiler
> > ignoring illegal code inside "if (0)", and the per-codec macro
> > invocations would not need to change.
>
> If you really think this can be done, please, please provide a patch !
> Until then, please stop the FUD.

What do you call "FUD"? That I say it's possible to write a macro which
eliminates the invalid calls? Even if you don't yourself see how to do
it that doesn't make what I said "FUD".

The attached example should be enough to demonstrate how it can be done.
It prints the following lines:
"""
The value of variable var_a is 42.
There is no reference to symbol "var_b".
"""