[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audible support

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sat Dec 13 23:34:39 CET 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:16:57 +0000, Ólafur Arason wrote:
>I'm wondering if anybody is working on the Audible format support, the
>codec is in the samples folder under audible. I believe that it pops up
>a dialog to verify that you have permission of the material.

probably no one is working on it. drm files are very low priority for
mplayer developers.

wmv drm support was added to ffmpeg/mplayer because the microsoft drm
api is open to the public. if audible has their api open that would at
least help someone to add it.

apple itunes 'playfair' drm system is not open.
i dont know the status of Real Networks or DIVX.com drm...

-compn