[MPlayer-dev-eng] canopus hq vfw codec

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Fri Apr 18 00:58:54 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:38:32AM -0400, Compn wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:04:33 +0200, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> >Hi,
> >samples at:
> >http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/CUVC/
> >This entry makes vfw driver working at least decoding:
> >
> >videocodec canopushq
> >  status working
> >  info "Canopus HQ Codec"
> >  comment "http://www.canopus.com/canopus/technology/canopuscodecs.php"
> >  fourcc CUVC
> >  driver vfw
> >  dll "CUVCcodc.dll"
> >  out BGR24
>

> do you know if it requires the other dll files i uploaded?
> cseHQa.dll
> CSEUvec.dll
> i'll add to codecs.conf after testing
yes they are needed for the codec to work but they are not codecs
theirself

CSEUvec.dll is mandatory
cseHQa.dll not but I think it's used to enable at runtime some
optimizations (it contains mmx a/o sse a/o 3dnow code I really
don't understand what they are by looking at the instructions,
they look very similar to me)

> i forgot to test this one before i uploaded it.
> there also exists a canopus DV codec, canopus lossless codec
> but i havent seen anything in the wild...

lossless codec works fine both encoding and decoding
samples can be easily made, I'll upload dlls

Regards

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader