[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo changes

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sun Apr 6 21:33:33 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 10:51 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 02:19:44AM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > > And yes, I still do intend to move declarations around so they are at a
> > > start of a block.
> >
> > Insisting on changing every line in MPlayer to match your preferred
> > style is highly offensive behavior IMO. I don't demand that you write
> > everything in the style I want. Would you be happy if I start editing
> > all your commits?
>
> I will neither discuss this yet again nor change my position on this unless several
> people with SVN accounts tell me to.

So we disagree on preferred style. Ok, fine, that can happen. What is
not so fine is that you demand every single line to be written in your
style, with nobody writing anything in style you disagree with. There is
no large majority of people working on the relevant code which would
have significant problems with the other style and justify such a
demand.

Architectural changes like the libvo one take enough skill and work that
unless you can/will do it yourself you'll have a hard time finding
anyone willing to do it as a second-class developer who uses whatever
development methodology and style you tell him to.