[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] removing dvdread internal?

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Fri Nov 23 22:49:12 CET 2007

The internal copy of dvdread is broken as hell and one more burden
to handle, while the copy ov dvdread in the dvdnav repository is
working and cleaner.
I don't consider the double maintainance of such a high amount
of broken code a gain for anyone, thus I propose to remove the
internal copy and use the version in dvdnav (but not importing
it in main/ ! ) . Moreover, dvds that play _only_ with dvdnav are
increasingly popular, so we can't pretend that the old dvdread is
sufficient to play dvds and ignore dvdnav (read mplayer-users
if you don't believe me) .

Opinions?