[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder using libx264 from lavc in multithreaded mode

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Sat Nov 17 04:21:25 CET 2007

Hi,

I've received a bug report about encoding with multiple threads using
libx264 from lavc

I just thinked about a windows thread problem, but I have
the same issue on linux.

so the command line is:
mencoder -oac lavc -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=libx264:vbitrate=3072:acodec=libfaac:abitrate=160:threads=8
-o out.mp4 input.avi

the arguments may be wrong since I never used lavc x264 withing mencoder
anyway using no threads or 1 the enconding is fine, while
using more threads the video is not encoded.

attached the log (there is a spurious ^M in the output dunno why)

Regards

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader