[MPlayer-dev-eng] MEncoder: libass support (patch)

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Nov 1 20:35:36 CET 2007

Le primidi 11 brumaire, an CCXVI, Nicolas George a écrit :
> The next patch is here.

The next in the series: the fixfps video filter. It is functionally
independent from the previous patches, but the wording of the man page
implies slightly that ASS works with mencoder.

With these three patches, I managed to encode the sample that I was working
on, without the need of two mencoders, one mplayer and a lot of pipes, with
the following command line:

./mencoder -ofps 24000/1001 5cm.vob -o t.avi -ovc lavc -nosound \
  -keep-pts -ass -sub sub-en-bof.ass \
  -vf scale=320:-2,fixpts=fps=24000/1001,ass,fixpts

The -ofps is there because the content is progressive.

The -keep-pts is there to silence the warning about -ass implying it.

The first fixpts is there to generate timestamps suitable to sync the
subtitles (the ones in the VOB are reset at two points).

The second fixpts is there to avoid confusing the lavc encoder.

The resulting AVI file plays perfectly, without warning.

I hope these patches may be of some help to people.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George