[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch for PNG output

Vincent Chapdelaine-Couture chapdelv at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Nov 1 17:39:08 CET 2007

Hi,

I tested the command you suggested using the latest svn. As soon as I use the 'vcodec=png' option (for eg./mencoder videoin.mpg -o videoout.png -ovc lavc -lavcopts
codec=png -of rawvideo"), I get no output.

I briefly looked at the source code, and the problem seems to be in libavcodec/png.c, in the function
static int encode_frame(AVCodecContext *avctx, unsigned char *buf, int buf_size, void *data)

The value of 'avctx->pix_fmt' doesn't seem to be set correctly; it is always 0 and doesn't enter any cases
in
switch(avctx->pix_fmt) {
}

Any help will be appreciated.