[MPlayer-dev-eng] RFC conformance for stream/rtp.c (on 64 bit platforms)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun May 27 13:26:06 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 12:45:03PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 11:12 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 06:21:47AM +0300, Bogdan Mustiata wrote:
> > > Conforming to RFC1889 (RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications),
> > > the RTP header should be 4 byte aligned. Unfortunately, in stream/rtp.c,
> > > ints are used to define the RTP header and they are not allways 4 byte as
> > > assumed in that code on 64bit platforms.
> >
> > Actually int is quite certainly always 4 bytes.
>
> There are platforms with 64-bit ints.

Should I have added "on the platforms MPlayer runs on"?
And which platforms are these and how do they allow you to access 8, 16
and 32 bit datatypes? I'd assume they don't access to one of these
without compiler-specific extensions if at all, which makes them not too
suitable for MPlayer anyway.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger