[MPlayer-dev-eng] Memory troubles with embedding and NSTask

Peter MacWhinnie pjbm92 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 05:10:50 CEST 2007

Currently, i am using MPlayer as an embedded media playback engine in my Mac application and i've hit a brick wall. The project is Cocoa, and I have MPlayer all wrapped up in to a nice class and it works fairly nicely, however,. I am having quite a bit of trouble when it comes to stopping MPlayer before its finished playback, it seems that MPlayer does not terminate quite as fast as my code to stop playback and clean up does. In fact if i release the NSTask object prematurely (inside '- (void)dealloc' most notably) it causes a bus error in my application and it dies. I am not quite sure what would be a good effective way to get around/solve this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.