[MPlayer-dev-eng] Practical outcomes of the ALSA thread

Thomas Orgis thomas-forum at orgis.org
Sat May 5 12:39:16 CEST 2007

Am Sat, 5 May 2007 12:25:25 +0200
schrieb Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum at orgis.org>:

> > Exactly. If ALSA can be queried on what the HW
> > actualy provide, what the library layer can do
> > and what has to be done by the application, then
>
> It can.

Hm, I guess you actually meant to use "default" device and query
what will be done in software and what in hardware - and then
decide to work in a mixed mode with some stuff in mplayer and some stuff
in alsa?
Like, producing the proper sample rate in mplayer but still using dmix for
the user who wants desktop background sounds / telephony / ... and the
music/video sounttrack from mplayer.

Hm, is _that_ possible?

Thomas.