[MPlayer-dev-eng] spring cleanup

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Fri Mar 30 00:28:16 CEST 2007

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:36:40 +0200
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

[...]
> I'll schedule all of the above for removal next weekend.  Shout if you
> object.
>
> > - libmpcodecs/vf_yuy2.c
> > - libmpcodecs/vf_yvu9.c
> >
> > Dunno about these, vf_yvu9 is marked as deprecated in favor of the
> > software scaler since forever.
>
> Anyone?

No idea, but please don not remove things if you can't be sure they are
unneeded. Trying to find out if something is used by breaking it imo
not the right way to do things.

> > - libmpcodecs/ad_dk3adpcm.c
> >
> > Very obscure, probably FFmpeg works better anyway.  Roberto?
>
> Roberto?

I just came back from a business trip, and I still have a huge backlog
of unread mails.
I'll try to have a look at it when I have some time, but honestly this
is not at the top of my priority list. I have little time to work on
MPlayer in these days, and I prefer to spend it to add functionality
and fix bugs rather than hunting for maybe-redundant files or removing
harmless scripts.

Ciao,
 Roberto