[MPlayer-dev-eng] Rework of vidix: now a static lib.

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Thu Mar 29 23:17:34 CEST 2007

Nico Sabbi a écrit :
> Benjamin Zores wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I rework and rewrote the vidix library.
>> As requested by people from here and there, it is now a completely
>> static library that got all drivers built-in. The rewrite was
>> necessary as the vidix1 lib was using shared libraries for drivers and
>> uses dlopen/dlsym everytime to get all symbols.
>>
>> The vidix2 lib is now way easier and it registers all drivers directly.
>> I've planned many other changes to the library (like porting all
>> changes from upstream vidix) but first step is to commit the current
>> work.
>> I've tried (and managed to) not to modify the public API. Only drivers
>> libvo interface suffers from no changes at all and drivers code has no
>> functionnal change either (so everything should be still working).
>>
>> I'd like you to test it by:
>> - applying the attached patch
>> - using the vidix directory available at
>> http://geexbox.org/~ben/vidix-20070329.tar.bz2 in place of the current
>> one (just rename the old one). The changes are huge so a patch is
>> useless.
>>

> as root here it works, as normal user and with dhahelper modprobed it
> doesn't work because it can't scan the pci bus;
> using -vo xvidix:radeon_vid.(a|so) doesn't work either (what subdevice
> should I use? )

-vo xvidix:radeon
(same drivers as before but without _vid* extension)

> Anyway I still consider nonsense having all drivers compiled statically
> because I'll NEVER need any of them except one
> (what do you do when you compile your kernel: enable
> all available drivers statically? or do you compile all possible
> ao and vo in mplayer? I doubt it) so I'm for either:
> - giving the user the possibility to compile them dynamically like now
> - or giving the user the possibility to disable all drivers but X

Planned for future patch, doesn't belong to this one.

Adding to configure a
--with-vidix-drivers=all|cyberblade|rage128|radeon|... and so on.

So that you can choose which vidix driver you wants to be in, while
compiling them all as default.

Sounds better to you ?

Ben