[MPlayer-dev-eng] Recent regression in FreeMediaType

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 04:11:46 CET 2007

The changes to how AM_MEDIA_TYPE is handled about 2 weeks ago seems to
be a bit broken.
Specifically, in FreeMediaType, this code:
     if (pMediaType->pUnk)
     {
         pMediaType->pUnk->vt->Release(pMediaType->pUnk);
         pMediaType->pUnk = NULL;
     }
(well the 'Release') causes a segfault with CoreAVC (gdb reports
pUnk->vt as inaccessible memory).  I believe this data has already been
released (but pUnk not zeroed) by the time this gets called
(MemAllocator_Decommit) though I haven't dug into it much.
All I know so far is it didn't used to segfault on termination before
the patch was applied.

I'll try to collect more info, and I realize that as CoreAVC isn't a
supported codec, I'm on my own, but I figured I'd report it nonetheless.