[MPlayer-dev-eng] Feature request - exercise bike and threadmill support

Wen-King Su wen-king at myri.com
Sun Mar 11 16:16:49 CET 2007

What is needed is a specific keyboard command that can bind to a
mouse button click.  For instance, the default binding for the
space bar is to pause/un-pause a playing video.  What is needed
for the function I think of is a button to play the video for
something like 1 second and then pause unless a button is pressed
before that.  I envision building a jig that attaches a cheap
computer mouse to a bike or threadmill, and have it trigger button
presses as the moving parts turns.

For an even fancier interface, we may even use the rate of button
press to modulate the playing speed.