[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch for udp socket reuse for rtp multicast.

SiO4, Yong Hwan sio4 at users.sf.net
Sat Mar 3 16:48:29 CET 2007

2007/3/3, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On 3/3/07, SiO4, Yong Hwan <sio4 at users.sf.net> wrote:
> > please excuse my poor English.
> >
> > recently, I made a gateway system for RTP multicast stream, and I use
> > mplayer for stream preview and run-time monitor. In this way, I found a
> > problem
> > of mplayer's rtp stream handling style. - mplayer do not allow to share
> the
> > multicast resource with others.
> >

> > I browse recent release and subversion HEAD for related codes, and found
> > two related codes. the first, libavformat/udp.c, libavformat's udp
> implement
> > has
> > no problem, It can use SO_REUSEADDR by url option (udp://...), and It is
> not
> > my case.
> >
> > another code is stream/udp.c. problem is here. in function
> > udp_open_socket(),
> > reuse option is not used. so I made a patch for it, and attach here.
> >

> > If there is no reason for it, please check and apply this patch to
> > subversion.
>
> Given the same of your patch, it seems it's against RC1. Could you
> please check if it's still necessary to use your patch with current
> version of MPlayer (from SVN)?
>
> Guillaume

Short answer: yes, it has same problem, and that patch has no conflict.
stream/udp.c has no change since r19550.

This is the first time that I report bug and it's patch to mplayer, so I
read
docs about bug reporting step for this project. I think, dev list is right
place to this case.

And I checked out HEAD of svn too, and see them. (just check with my
eyes, I'm lazy, have not compile and run them. until your mail.) Now,
I've check them by running.

In fact, I've search on this mailling list and user's mailling list for this
problem, and found a related topic about reuse socket opt.
maybe, `svn diff -r12799:12800` is root of this codes/problem.