[MPlayer-dev-eng] x86_64 and windows codecs

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Jun 27 16:25:23 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 02:31:58PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le nonidi 9 messidor, an CCXV, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> > > - Using 64 bits windows DLLs. I have read that microsoft had finally
> > >   released them, and I wonder if someone is working on it.
> > I believe it when I see a link.
>
> One of my friends pretends to have it installed on its windows box, and he
> can be trusted on technical matters. I have asked for details and links.

Since finding out if a binary is 32 or 64 bits involves a major effort
on Windows I'm not convinced he actually checked...

[...]
> 1. Build the parts of libmpcodecs that can not be built in 64 bits in 32
>    bits into a libmpcodecs32. This is only makefile hacking.

I think this is a very bad idea, involving a major effort, libmpcodecs
has strong dependencies in MPlayer and a lot of information that is
simply useless for decoding.
I think you should better consider providing RPC-like stubs of (for
decoding DMO):
DMO_VideoDecoder_Open
DMO_VideoDecoder_SetDestFmt
DMO_VideoDecoder_StartInternal
DMO_VideoDecoder_Destroy
DMO_VideoDecoder_DecodeInternal

To implement these you need only the loader code, which should be much
easier to compile stand-alone.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger