[MPlayer-dev-eng] japanese ISDB sample stream

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Wed Jun 6 11:50:50 CEST 2007

    Nico> Marcus Metzler wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> does anyone have a sample TS from japanese digital TV (ISDB).
    >> We need to check if it works with a new HDTV decoder hardware
    >> that we are writing linux drivers for.
    >>
    >> Marcus
    >>

    Nico> these ones should do: they contain AAC audio
    Nico> ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/MPEG-VOB/sample_aac_streams

Thanks,
I'll check it out.
Another problem is that we are going to implement the DVB API with the
/dev/dvb/video and /dev/dvb/audio for playback. Currently Mplayer only
uses the devices for MPEG1/2 playback and reencoding other formats to
MPEG1/2.
Where do I have to apply changes, so that other formats will be played
via those devices without reencoding?
E.g. I ask the device for supported codecs and it will play back
directly if supported and reencode if not.

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes                 <<<|