[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] TV support under Win32 using DirectShow

Vladimir Voroshilov voroshil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:58:36 CET 2007

2007/1/16, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it>:
> Vladimir Voroshilov wrote:
>
> > Of course. Unfortunatly, currently ready to apply only cosmetics
> > "doxygenize" patch. But if you wish, i can post patch for current
> > development version (as-is).
> > Some parts still ugly, so it can be treated as first draft version only.
>
> ok
Cosmetics patches already posted. Other parts will be posted soon.

> >> But wait, since WDM doesn't permit (afaik, correct me if I'm wrong) to
> >> stream from dvb sources,
> >> why don't you adapt your patch to BDA?
> >
> > What driver's functionality are you wish?
>
> streaming from dvb drivers
>

> >> A good BDA player is still missing, or at least I couldn't find any
> >> (except payware that are not an option
> >> for me)
> >
> > BDA=Broadcast Driver Architecture, i think.
> > Does it requiere any special hardware for testing (e.g. DVB card, etc.),
> > any special drivers for working?
> >
> > I have only analog TV tuner with buggy WDM driver :(
>

> usual hardware with BDA driver
I have found some info about it.
I'm afraid this require similar designed (filter/subdriver), but
different driver (using another API).
Thus, i can't develop BDA driver without apropriate device.

P.S. I also found that some DVB card have as BDA as WDM drivers.

--
Regards,
Vladimir Voroshilov     mailto:voroshil at gmail.com
JID: voroshil at jabber.ru