root requests (was: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal)

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Feb 26 01:35:15 CET 2007

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 02:01:18PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> PS root ignored me with creating a ffmpeg-win32 mailinglist and
> with installing roundup, later is now already installed on some other
> server and will soon be made public ...

You were not ignored.

The Windows people took care of the situation themselves by creating
this Wiki/forum Windows help site.  Given that the whining died down
almost completely Mans and I assumed that a separate mailing list was
no longer necessary.  If you still want ffmpeg-windows it can of course
be created...

The problem with the bug tracker is finding a good one or rather the one
that sucks the least and then customizing and setting them up.
Unfortunately this takes a non-trivial amount of time, especially if
you're not familiar with them.

I toyed around with trac a bit but unfortunately it does not support
bug dependencies, which I consider essential.  Or I did not find the
knob to turn them on, dunno.

Roundup didn't either when I looked at it briefly.  Apparently Luca
found a customization now that can do dependencies.  Great!  He told me
that Roundup is great because it's a bare framework that you can adapt
to your needs.  If you have the time, then yes, it's great.
Unfortunately I don't, not at this moment.

If Luca makes us all happy with Roundup, I'll be the first to cheer and
we can move the installation to the project server.

Michael, we've known each other for quite some time now so I don't
really understand your lack of trust.  If there is some sort of problem,
just send a mail to Attila or myself privately or give us a phone call.
It's surely nothing more than a miscommunication like it seems to have
been now...

Diego