[MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Feb 24 20:51:35 CET 2007

On Saturday, 24 February 2007 at 20:33, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 15:30 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > i did not want uaus account to be disabled for all eternity, i wanted it to
> > be closed/suspended, he continued to commit code over the changes even though
> > he was asked not to and he was asked to reverse things which he also ignored
>
> This "do as I say or you're fired" attitude might be justified if you
> were paying me, but you're not. You don't pay me, you don't get to
> decide exactly what I should do or how.

When you decide to contribute code to a project, you are expected to follow
that project's rules. That's basic politeness, not to mention other
reasons. You may question the rules, but overtly ignoring them will only
make people angry.

> Of course some level of
> cooperation is required, but the only people calling for account
> suspension are ones who do not actually work on the same code.

Repeatedly violating written rules is not even close to "some level of
cooperation". It's more of "I won't play by your rules and you must accept
what I do anyway". Well, we don't.

> I do not claim that the commit was an ideal example or that you would
> have to like it. But it does not justify your reaction.

Yes, it does. You were repeatedly warned not to break the rules. You were
asked to fix your commit. You ignored us. Should I assume you don't intend
to revert and recommit your changes to mplayer.c properly?

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://mplayerhq.hu http://rpm.livna.org