[MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Feb 24 14:18:08 CET 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 01:45:40PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 February 2007 at 13:07, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > We, ie root at mphq, were asked to remove uau's svn account
> > for serious breaking of the svn commit policy. Even by someone
> > i place large trust in.
> >
> > Thus, i would like to ask the MPlayer developers (excluding
> > uau in this case) to vote whether uau's account should be
> > removed or not.
>
> The one asking for this should step up and reveal his reasons. Or is he
> a coward? I don't like such underhanded tactics.

I object to the use of the term "coward". Completely ignoring that the
reasons here were completely different, Some things may or may not be suitable
to be discussed in the public. We do not hold public discussion about
whom to grant SVN access on the mailing lists either. No matter how much
you personally feel something should be discussed publicly, this is
something that others can easily and with good reasons have a different
opinion.
So I please request things being made public without using terms like
"coward" or "underhanded".

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger