[MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Feb 24 14:01:14 CET 2007

On Saturday, 24 February 2007 at 13:45, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 01:17:58PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Saturday, 24 February 2007 at 13:07, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > > Moin,
> > >
> > > We, ie root at mphq, were asked to remove uau's svn account
> > > for serious breaking of the svn commit policy. Even by someone
> > > i place large trust in.
> > >
> > > Thus, i would like to ask the MPlayer developers (excluding
> > > uau in this case) to vote whether uau's account should be
> > > removed or not.
> >
> > Can the vote be conditional?
>
> if that condition is that he reverts the mess (and optionally commits it
> in a clean cosmtic/functional split way with svn cp where appropriate)
> then iam certainly in favor of it

Yes, that's what I had in mind. Still, completely deleting his account is
too harsh IMHO. Suspending his write permission, yes. Just until he fixes
the bad commit, admits he violated the rules and promises not to do that again.

I think many will agree with me that uau is a valuable contributor and
most of his work was quite welcome.

Regards,
R.

--