[MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Feb 24 13:42:53 CET 2007

Hi

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 01:07:45PM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin,
>
> We, ie root at mphq, were asked to remove uau's svn account
> for serious breaking of the svn commit policy. Even by someone
> i place large trust in.

i was the one who asked, the mail i sended to root is below it was not my
intent to bypass the public on this, in case anyone thinks so ...
(the mail below will hopefully explain why i didnt post it to mplayer-dev
immedeatly)

------
Hi

uau has broken svn policy, has ignored the majority of developers
asking for his commits to be reverted, actually he has not even replied
to the complaints instead he continues to commit over the bad changes
knowing that this will make reversal harder and less likely

so iam asking for his account to be closed

furthermore his actions are extreemly arogant and unfair against thouse
who take their time to follow policy and split their changes cleanly
how should we justify to some random patch submitter or other developers with
svn access that they have to spend a week spliting a large patch while people
like uau can just commit their code in such a messed up way

iam not posting this to mplayer-dev because if i get ignored (again) it
would even further undermine policy, proofing that noone will loose his
account no matter what they do (we could as well svn delete policy)

if you want i can publically post this request to mplayer-dev before
his account is closed, i just dont want to post it and then be ignored

------

Observe your enemies, for they first find out your faults. -- Antisthenes