[MPlayer-dev-eng] flv A/V sync broken

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Feb 20 02:41:30 CET 2007

Hi

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 02:18:57AM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 19:42 +0200, Onur Küçük wrote:
> >  While playing flv files (tested with codecs FLV1 / mp3) MPlayer looses
> > sync of audio and video. I guess video is played faster than audio.
> > ffplay plays it correctly. Might be related to lately committed flvdec
> > changes in ffmpeg.
>
> I tested that sample and saw desync when playing without -correct-pts.
> It seems to work with -correct-pts. I haven't verified the exact cause
> but flv uses a libavformat demuxer and those generally do not work well
> without -correct-pts because of timestamp ordering.

flv1 doesnt support b frames so there should be no out of order timestamps

also !correct-pts mode could use AVPacket.dts instead of pts if that would
make the current av sync code happier, its a trivial 2 line change in
demux_lavf.c

[...]

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates