[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] kde screensaver stuff using system()

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Feb 7 07:01:15 CET 2007

Moin,

Please, do NOT cc people on MPlayer mailinglists.
We are subscribed and don't need the mail twice.

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:45:23 +0100
Adam Tlałka <atlka at pg.gda.pl> wrote:

> The problem is we want to see the video and unexpected screensaver
> activation could be treated like a bad  video driver.

We never provided workarounds against bad video drivers
either.

> Of course assuming some particular type of screensaver and protocol of
> communication is just wrong. If we can do something it should be as
> simple as possible.

Then have a look at the screensaver disabling code
and how it evolved. It was once simple, but it never
worked for more than one or two screensaver implementations.

> Generation of key events is not good but maybe we
> could just generate mouse movements instead. While mouse pointer is
> set to invisible we can just move it a bit left and then right from
> time to time while playing video. Because we know the pointer
> destination we will filter these events and any real mouse movement
> will restore normal behaviour until next pointer hidding.
> What about this ?

As bad as generating key events.

			Attila Kinali

--
Lotus Notes ist eine verteilte Datenbankapplikation,
als Sample ist eine miese Groupware dabei ;)