[MPlayer-dev-eng] keyboard lock PATCH [1/1]

Peter Poulsen peter at pgpoulsen.dk
Sun Dec 30 09:52:32 CET 2007

> Hi Rich Felker!
>
>  On 2007.12.29 at 16:48:05 -0500, Rich Felker wrote next:
>
>> doubt they would find how to unlock the keyboard again... With a
>> fullscreen MPlayer this could be very very bad.
>
> Not really, Alt-Tab (or your wm's combo) + Ctrl-C solves this
> problem - just like one has to do currently when mplayer hangs or when
> its input modifiers stick and mess up input (often happens with mouse
> wheel and joystick input handlers).

Agree, it does not completely steals input, and I like it that way. Which is also
why I'm not implementing a standalone application to steal all input, as suggested
by Jindrich Makovicka. Btw, I put the default lock-key at '/', which on a danish
keyboard is SHIFT+'7' which means that two keys are required so that you shouldn't
by accident hit it. I know this is not optimal for some other keyboard layouts, but
send me suggestions and I will change it.

/peter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?