[MPlayer-dev-eng] Better handling of low FPS and still images

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Aug 24 08:48:32 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 07:53 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > I'm against ever using bitfields, for technical reasons.
>
> I do not like it all either. They are even more of a mess if they ever
> need to be passed to a function.

If the flags are for some reason more likely to need passing together
than other fields of the struct (so you don't pass it as a whole) then
you can use a substruct for them. I think s.flags.field is still more
readable than manual bit masking calculations. Anyway this isn't really
relevant to the use of bitfields in the original patch.