[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Q] How to build a universal binary for the Mac OS X?

Nicolas Plourde nicolas.plourde at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 18:36:21 CEST 2006

On 9/26/06, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 9/26/06, Mohammad A. Haque <mhaque at haque.net> wrote:
> > On Sep 26, 2006, at 6:47 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> [..]
>

> > > well, if crosscompilation doesnt work then that should be fixed ...
> >
> > Crosscompilation does work. I've been doing my unofficial binaries on
> > my MBP and they run fine on PPC machines.
> >
> > Unless I'm really high and imagining things.
>
> Could you document how you do this? I'd be interested to know how it
> works... and possibly add the procedure to our official doc...
>
> Guillaume

I really need to do some cleanup in the bug database. Most G3 related bug
are false, they are caused by ppl running the universal build of mplayer osx
in osx 10.3. Im not willing to maintain build for a type of system i dont
have to test on. If someone can provide build for g3 computer please do.

It would also be nice to update the instruction for building mplayer osx,
most of that information is in my head. I will work on that asap. I dont see
why we should support universal binary inside mplayer build process, lipo
work fine for me.

--
====
Nicolas Plourde <nicolas.plourde at gmail.com>