[MPlayer-dev-eng] liba52 reorganization

Alex Izvorski aizvorski at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 19:09:39 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 17:19 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 08:00:01AM -0700, Alex Izvorski wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to present a reorganization of the liba52 optimization patches
> > from mplayer.  This is not quite finished but it is sufficient to show
> > the idea.  It is a diff against liba52 version 0.7.4.  Hopefully a later
> > version of this will be a candidate for upstream merging.
>
> First off, let me mention that I'm very happy that there is some effort
> to get our patches merged upstream.

Yes, as well as further development of liba52 ;)

> What is the purpose of this patch?  Shouldn't you send this to the
> liba52 development mailing list instead so they can review and apply it?

I've sent it to the other liba52 developers as well, but since most of
the authors of the new code only hang out here I thought they should
have a chance to look it over and comment.  At this point I'd primarily
like feedback, I have a little work left to do before this is completely
ready.

It would help if the mplayer developers indicate they would switch to
this after it was merged, or maybe even switch to it first.  I don't
want to cause any breakage, but that's probably a pretty good way to
test out the changes ;) considering the active community here.

--Alex