[MPlayer-dev-eng] Supporting em84xx as output device

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Sep 22 17:04:38 CEST 2006

vdr at helmutauer.de wrote:

>Hello List,
>I'm just trying to enhance the mpegpes output module to write to the em84xx decoder (successor of dxr3). My first try was the following:
>Setting HAVE_DVB to 0 and adding the EM84 stuff by adding the define HAVE_EM84 to vo_mpegpes and ao_mpegpes ( analogue to HAVE_DVB ).
>This works a little bit, which means I can see the video via the em84, but the decoder is not able to play the default mpegpes audio format.
>This one is choosen:
>Opening Audiodecoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
>AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/12.50% (ratio: 24000->192000)
>Choosen Audiocodec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
>which will translate the audio stream (when using mpegpes to file) to:
>Opening Audiodecoder: [dvdpcm] Uncompressed DVD/VOB LPCM audio decoder
>AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16be, 1536.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 192000->192000)
>Choosen Audiocodec: [dvdpcm] afm: dvdpcm (Uncompressed DVD/VOB LPCM)
>
>The em84 decoder is able tlay mp2 but not mp3, so can you give me any hints what I can try to get mp2 audio data instead of dvdpcm from the mp3lib ?!
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Helmut Auer

if necessary you should write an af_lavc to encode to mp2; this filter
should be automatically
inserted  in the audio chain (for sure someone already began to write it).
BTW, if your audio source is already in mp2 format you can use
-ac hwmpa (mpeg audio pass through),
but be aware that this decoder really sucks (surely my worst code in
mplayer :) )

 Sponsor:
 Le speciali Offerte di Benvenuto di Cassine di Pietra:
* scopra il gusto ed i vantaggi delle tradizioni contadine
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3924&d=22-9