[MPlayer-dev-eng] OpenGL

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 7 17:28:50 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 02:28:39PM +0000, malc wrote:
> Currently OpenGL video output with hardware yuv2rgb conversion
> requires 3 texture units. Following is the version that works
> with 2 TUs and a back-buffer (i.e. works on GeForce2MX here).
> Perhaps someone could integrate it into existing framework.

Unfortunately integrating would be quite a bit of work. Do you have any
numbers concerning the performance advantage over software conversion?
In tests I did in the past it was rather unconvincing.
I assume it is possible to use flipping in the last step instead of
drawing into the front buffer at once?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger