AW: [MPlayer-dev-eng] streaming and changing file info

Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Sep 2 13:39:28 CEST 2006

Hello,

>When streaming from a shoutcast, stream/http.c:117 prints
>new incomming ICY infos. For all other formats that are
>handled by the demuxer layer, libmpdemux/demuxer.c:935
>prints out the changed info but does not store it in demuxer->info.

libmpdemux/demuxer.c:937 doe store the new information in demuxer->info unless I did something stupid.
stream/http.c:117 is also my code, the reason it does not use demux_info_add is that I would have to parse the ICY-info for that, and I hate parsing.

>Both ways look horrbly ugly to me (visualy, not from code style).
>IMHO, the (visualy) right way would be to call demux_info_print()
>after an info packet is received, but i have no idea whether
>that would work in all cases.

I don't know if reprinting all info each time will look so great...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger