[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer slave suggestion

Kevron Rees kev000 at email.com
Thu Oct 12 02:58:43 CEST 2006

hello,

If I may make a suggestion about the mplayer slave documentation:  After searching google for hours trying to find a suitable solution I have come to the conclusion that example code on the use of mplayer as a slave application to a front-end is lacking.  I am making a front-end using mplayer in a car computer setting.  This, to my knowledge has never been done so I needed to start from scratch.  I have no problem writing commands to mplayer.  sending a write(write_fd[1]...) works without problem, but when I want to read read(read_fd[0]...) I get everything that mplayer outputs when it starts up (i.e. "...CPU runtime detection..." etc etc). I know you guys are working hard developing mplayer but if anyone has an idea of where I can find additional info or example code I would be most grateful.  If there is no current documentation or example code if anyone is willing to help me solve my simple problem I would be more than happy to write and document a great howto on using mplayer as a slave.  This would help any future users in my situation find the resources they need without spamming the dev mailing lists.  Thanks in advance for any help.

-Kev

P.S. if some noble soul is willing to help me here is my example code:
http://nextabyte.com/nanonymous/current/example-code.txt