[MPlayer-dev-eng] mjpeg yuv422 output from mencoder/mplayer

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com
Sun Oct 1 16:49:07 CEST 2006

Hi

Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 12:46:58PM +0200, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
>> I need something that outputs the MJPEG YUV422 format, that the zoran (zr,
>> zr2) drivers need, but I find nothing in the mencoder/mplayer programs that
>> can output that format to disc.
>>
>> I tried mencoder with -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg which almost appears to do the
>> job. Except for that it does not accept format=422p. It can only do YV12
>> (YUV420).
>
> a patch which adds 422p jpeg encoding support to lavc would be welcome ...
>
> [...]

Tried to. I have at least something working in progressive. Problem is
that mpegvideo.c is really hardcoded to 4:2:0 and since DCT on jpeg is
done on 8x8 mb it is quite hard to work around that.

If you have a clean idea in mind I would rearrange the code and submit it.

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no