[MPlayer-dev-eng] Pausing command

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Nov 30 13:23:08 CET 2006

jacob wrote:

> Please, could any one tell me what does mplayer do in this part of
> source code of input/input.c?
>
> if (strncmp(str, "pausing ", 8) == 0) {

The use of any command which has this prefix will cause MPlayer to pause
immediately after completing the action.

> } else if (strncmp(str, "pausing_keep ", 13) == 0) {

Normally, the use of any command while paused will cause MPlayer to
unpause. The use of any command which has this prefix will instead cause
MPlayer to remain paused. (If MPlayer is not paused when the command is
issues, the prefix does nothing.)

> } else if (strncmp(str, "pausing_toggle ", 15) == 0) {

The use of any command which has this prefix will cause MPlayer to pause
immediately afterwards if it is unpaused, or unpause immediately if it
is paused.

This is in (and more-or-less paraphrased *from*) the documentation; see
DOCS/tech/slave.txt.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.