[MPlayer-dev-eng] Receiving data RTP/MP2T over UDP

jacob jacob83 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:27:06 CET 2006

Sorry I made a mistake, the traffic is rtsp:// not rtp://. The video
is a mpeg2 using mpeg-ts to transport it. VLC can handle it with no
problems. I call mplayer like this.

mplayer -v -v -v  rtsp://ip:port/video.mpg

Some of the errors (in live555) that I detect are:

MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size
exceeds the client's buffer size (148).  1128 bytes of trailing data
will be dropped!

MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp[162]: WARNING: Missing sync byte!

if I make

nc -l -p port -u | mplayer -

this is played ok!, I know that is difficult to help me but I will be
very happy to know where I can begin to work to solve te problem.

PD: Is the first time that I try to help in an open source
development, sorry for my lack of experience and my english.