[MPlayer-dev-eng] The path to RC2

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 18:29:40 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/4/06, Matt Sicker <boards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/3/06, Benjamin Zores <ben at geexbox.org> wrote:
> I'd
> rather see efforts in testing every nook and cranny to make sure it
> works, documenting everything that isn't documented,

All features of MEncoder and MPlayer are supposed to be documented in
the man page. I consider this a big achievement, which is mainly due
to Diego's contiuous efforts of nagging ppl when they add a feature
that isn't documented.

The XLM/HTML doc documents in a more user-friendly way some of the
main features.

> and trying to
> finish some of the beta work (e.g. lavf would be great to have in
> mencoder; not many people like using AVI anymore :P).

lavf in MEncoder should work quite decently as long as you don't use
B-Frames (the man page and xml doc has all the details).

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!