[MPlayer-dev-eng] FAAD bailing out with Quicktime HD mov

khngan at ie.cuhk.edu.hk khngan at ie.cuhk.edu.hk
Tue May 30 05:01:07 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am running mplayer on linux redhat 7.3. Recently I updated my mplayer to
latest version 1.0pre7try2 and downloaded the 20060501 essential library pack.
I gladly found mplayer now works with Quicktime HD movies!! Unfortunately after
trying a few pieces of HD movies it happens that the FAAD  (I suppose is the
sound codec, instead of video) is having some strange errors and every time
playback is ended in core dump:

:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Unexpected channel configuration change
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Invalid number of channels
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Channel coupling not yet implemented
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Unexpected fill element with SBR data
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Channel coupling not yet implemented
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Channel coupling not yet implemented
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Invalid number of channels
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Scalefactor out of range
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Gain control not yet implemented
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Channel coupling not yet implemented
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Channel coupling not yet implemented
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Channel coupling not yet implemented
:> FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Channel coupling not yet implemented
..

Anybody have similar experience? Is it some kind of compatibility issue? Any
opinions is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Rudolf.