[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer SVN

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat May 27 04:39:44 CEST 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 10:42:32PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> 2006/5/26, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>:
> >Hi,
> >On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 09:27:47PM +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:
> >> What are we going to do with it? The options are to manually fix all
> >> repository hacks (renames, moves, ...) by hand, convert everything
> >> as-is, or anything in the middle.
> >
> >My opinion: anything where there are no revisions or commit messages
> >broken or lost is completely sufficient.
>
> Agree.
> I've told this before I repeat again. Simple conversion would end up
> with svn repository not more broken than the current cvs.
>
> About the extra - to have perfectly working history versions of
> mplayer, it may be even possible to fix svn rep later (in case
> rename/move doesn't take a commit number).

If it can be done later without breaking the revision numbering, I
have no huge objection to skipping the "proper" conversion at this
time. However, I would prefer a fully correct repaired repository.
Since I'm not the one volunteering the huge time and effort to do it
I'll leave it for others (i.e. Diego :) to decide.

Rich