[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer SVN

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Fri May 26 22:40:43 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 22:16 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Converting the FFmpeg repository took one week, MPlayer will take much
> > longer (assuming somebody wants to do it).
> > Honestly i don't think we should care about fixing everything,
> > expecially 3 years or older stuff.
>
> I started this, I'm willing to finish it.  Yes, the MPlayer repo is

First question should be whether it's worth doing even if someone is
willing to do it. Of course it's nice if you're willing to work on the
history, but if that means you're not willing to have the repo up until
a day or more later then I think it is a net loss.

> I'll also have to note here that fixing renames is not everything that
> makes the conversion tedious.  The CVS repositories have bugs like some
> files wrongly checked in as binary (or vice versa).  They can end up as
> garbage after the conversion or be undiffable.

What other bugs besides bad flags for the files?

> I would find it refreshing if there were some volunteers to help me out
> during the conversion.  Tasks like looking over logs and examining CVS
> snapshots or mailing list archives surely are not terribly exciting, but

Is there any need to examine mailing list archives as long as renames
are ignored?