[MPlayer-dev-eng] to michael

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Fri May 26 18:18:51 CEST 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 06:13:12PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Fri, 26 May 2006 12:07:32 -0400
> Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > > Teach those developers to use the ISP relay? Or setup a relay on
> > > mplayerhq?
> >
> > You will "teach" me to do no such thing. It's wrong.
>
> Though i didn't want to contribute to this bikeshed,
> a small side note here:
>
> Running a sending MTP server on a dynamic IP is wrong.
> Anyone doing this makes lives for the recieving MTAs
> more difficult. I guess i don't have to mention that
> a recieving MTA should be never ever run on a dynamic
> IP (though we have a few of those shitheads on our lists).

That would be me :(

> If you don't have a fix IP for your MTA, please please
> use the one of your ISP or another one that has a fix IP.

Does that mean the mail account I get together with my isp? No way in hell
I'm using that. It came bundled with spam before I have ever used it, I
get more spam on it than this account which can easily be found on the web
even unmangled. And isp's change, mail address should stay fixed.

Or does this mean something else I'm not getting, can my ISP's MTA be used
to forward mails to me?

Please take into account that ISP's suck in Israel.

- ods15