[MPlayer-dev-eng] to michael

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu May 25 04:09:29 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 04:47:18AM +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
> On Thursday 25 May 2006 04:36, Rich Felker wrote:
>
> > As for extortion, requiring a $50 "donation" to remove yourself from a
> > being listed as a spammer (and the resulting damages due to your
> > network not being able to send to ISPs who have been tricked into
> > using SORBS) is blatent extortion.
>
> Do they even allow you to be delisted without your ISP assuring them
> that your IP is static?

Delisting for "spammer" costs $50.

Delisting for "dynamic ip" requires either:

1. assurance from ISP (the "owner" registered in whois db)

or

2. all of the following:
   - MX record for a domain points to the hostname and has at least 12
     hour ttl
   - the pointed-to A record has at least 12 hour ttl
   - the PTR record for the IP points to the same name as the MX
     (i.e. your domain reverses)

and furthermore, the "ttl" is measured according to the CURRENTLY
REMAINING TIME in SORBS's domain servers, not the actual ttl. Thus
even though I satisfy all the conditions for delisting (which is
incredibly rare but somehow I satisfy them all) I can't get delisted
until I get lucky and they don't have cached record for my domain in
their caching nameservers anymore.

This whole thing is utterly ridiculous.

Rich