[MPlayer-dev-eng] attn. Roberto: CVS snapshot and version generation

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed May 24 23:29:22 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've been referring users to the CVS snapshots at
http://mailformat.dan.info/quoting/top-posting.html

...and one of them just posted some mencoder output with this version
string:

MEncoder dev-CVS--3.4.4 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

It appears that since the CVS directory is missing, version.sh can't get
a date from CVS/Entries. Could somebody please fix that? I'm afraid that
some poor users will get flamed for using a broken 3rd-party package
when they're just doing what we tell them. :)

I've attached a quick hack if you want to use it.

-Corey