[MPlayer-dev-eng] Xvidix and mozillaplug-in

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Wed May 24 04:40:53 CEST 2006

Hello,

My MPlayer (pre7) works well with the xvidix output WITHOUT root
privileges through the svgalib_helper kernel module. Now, I would like
to make it work with the Mozilla MPlayer plugin and use this output when
I play a video inside Firefox. Though I did some experimentations in the
settings like echo -e "\nvo=xvidix\nao=oss\n" >>
/etc/mplayerplug-in.conf, the movie is downloaded but it is NEVER
played.

If I put noembed=1, I get the movie in a separate window, but I would
like to get it inside Firefox. I understand that it's a little bit more
complex as xvidix bypasses all graphic layers.

Can anyone point me where I should look at to get xvidix working with
Mozilla plug-in? Did I miss a setting or does it require a code
modification / improvement? If this is the case, I have the skills to
look at but I would appreciate any help to go in the right direction,

Gregoire