[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re:consecutive files

mallikarjun mallik_vijaya at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 18:39:44 CEST 2006

mallikarjun wrote:
> thanks for the reply,but as i told you,everything should be dynamic in this process.
>  i must not supply more than one input and output file name.

Why not? This seems like a perfect situation for a wrapper script.

./menc-wrap.sh < list.txt

menc-wrap.sh:
#!/bin/bash
while read infile outfile ; do
   mencoder $infile -o $outfile <options>
done

list.txt:
infile1.avi outfile1.avi
infile2.avi outfile2.avi

If you have some more specific requirements then you'll have to tell us;
otherwise we'll keep giving you easy ways to do it and saying you should
have asked on mencoder-users rather than trying to hack mencoder.c. :)

Also, when responding to a message, please use your mail reader's
"reply" function.

-Corey
Hi Thanks for the reply,
I will tell you my exact requirement.
i will supply one input and output file name from command line.
When it encounters the end of line ,it queries the database for new
input and output files.as the databases keeps on updating the data
menoder must get the data in such a manner.
and as of now i am able to query the database and get the new file name
,read but writing to the same file only but it should be different file.
please give me the way to proceed.
Thanks
Mallik