[MPlayer-dev-eng] Debian build fails with new Makefiles

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Mar 28 09:41:07 CEST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:18:25 +0200
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:

> Is this the correct fix? Is ldconfig supposed to be in $PATH on all
> OSes? Why not just use /sbin/ldconfig?

Actualy no. /sbin/ is normaly not in the PATH of a normal
user. And IMHO we shouldnt call ldconfig at all.
For example, i install all my self compiled stuff via stow.
Running ldconfig just lets me wait for 10-20s for absolutely
nothing as the vidix stuff is not even installed where ldconfig
could find it and i have to run ldconfig after finishing the
installation process anyways.
Same goes for building a debian package.

			Attila Kinali

--
wer soviel schoggi isst, kann sowieso nicht dumm sein ;-)
		-- Sandra