[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Custom input

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Mar 27 18:42:13 CEST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:42:33 +0200
Rok <stefanic_rok at siol.net> wrote:

> Albeu:
>
> I have done it as you said, and lets say it is kinda working.. But it
> doesn't do exactly as I imagined it would.
>
> I want that my read function writes the command (nevermind if it is
> hardoced, it is to be fixed later on) to for example mutes the player
>
> Should it be done something like in the code below... (I don't know how
> to write or in what format to write the command to its destination?)

Commands are just plain text with new line as separator. See
DOCS/tech/slave.txt for more details, everything in there apply
to all commands input, not just the slave mode.

> I'm looking at the code from lirc.c which has this at the begining:

lirc is probably not the best example. It must use this buffering bcs
the lirc lib can potentialy return very long commands that wouldn't fit
in the buffer given to read.

	Albeu