[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio_out.c question

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Mar 25 14:12:23 CET 2006

On Saturday, 25 March 2006 at 03:58, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 02:34:36AM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> > > This makes it even slower...
> >
> > I prefer slower XML than binary proprietary format.
>
> The flaw in your reasoning is that it's a false dichotomy. You don't
> need to pick between the two; both choices you've been offered are
> stupid. There's a damn good reason unix apps never needed this crap
> until gnome came along -- there really aren't many options that need
> to be shared between apps, and within a single app, either no options
> are needed, or just a few which can be stored in a flat (non-xml) text
> file.

Hey, I know that and I'll pick a plain-text config file over XML anytime.
Still, XML is less evil than binary registry.

There's no flaw in my reasoning, because I'm not arguing in favour of
registries. I'm just saying that if someone is going to use something
registry-like, it's better if they use XML.

R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression