[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] pre8: regressions, critical bugs and activities

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Mar 14 23:19:14 CET 2006

On Tuesday, 14 March 2006 at 10:35, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 10:42:37PM +0100, Roberto Togni wrote:
[...]
> > Regression since pre7:
> > - mkv demuxer can't play realaudio anymore
>
> RealVideo in Matroska crashes on PPC.  I consider this somewhat
> critical.

Agreed. Especially considering that Fedora PPC is gaining user base.

> > To be done:
> > - upgrade internal faad to latest GPL version, there are too many files
> > unplayable with current version
>
> There are a few other libs we could upgrade, not necessarily before the
> release, though: libdvdread, libmpeg2, liba52.

The new liba52 has been shown to be 6% slower than our current version.
I asked for samples unplayable with current version and playable with the
new one, but there was no reply.

R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression